- Amazon goes head-to-head with YouTube in Video Direct launch. Amazon is introducing a feature on Amazon Video that lets users upload their own content – and earn royalties for every minute of video streamed.
- Guess what, humans still matter… As digital marketing has become increasingly data-focused, it has evolved into three distinct ‘waves’ of consumer online experiences.
- 5 tips to supercharge your social media engagement Higher engagement means your social media audience is paying attention and receiving your message. It’s the metric that best evaluates the dialogue between brand managers and consumers.
- Beyond reviews and recipes: Vice food channel Munchies rolls out UK site. I love Munchies – and am very excited to see the breadth of UK food explored. Starry gazey pie anyone?
- Google designs emojis depicting professional women – loving it, espeically the farmer, which was my dream career as a small person. Well, farmer-slash-model.
- How not to be a repeat offender in the eyes of the Advertising Standards Authority
- Instagram brand profiles are on their way – interestingly they have used NZ as a test region again!
- Word on the street is that Twitter is extending its character count by not including links and pictures into the total. I welcome this idea whole-heartedly but I’ll believe it when I see it. It wasn’t so long ago everyone was freaking out about the prospect of a 10,000 character limit…
Let me hear your body talk, your body talk
Let me hear your body talk
- Teens are ditching Instagram for Snapchat at a stunning rate… and this summer, prepare to be bombarded with geofilters from brands. The wedding ones are really cute though.
- Why the travel industry needs to create content that is dream-worthy – this is so so relevant. Get your aspirational content live and kicking, ahead of the peak booking season.
- 10 Instagram Hacks That Actually Work – let me know if they do, okay.
- In case you haven’t heard, Instagram extended its video length limit for ads to 60 seconds. Here’s the scoop on why they did it.
- Headline and image best practices for reaching engaged audiences – this is an article from Outbrain regarding their sponsored articles but I think these are valuable tips overall!
- Forget millennials, here come centennials. Centennials (born from 1997 to the present day) represent approximately a third of the world’s population, according to global census figures.
And my favourite Instagram account of the moment – @paleyphoto from Matthieu Paley. I am lapping up all of his road trip photos – driving around India with two kids in a van, inspiring.
View this post on Instagram
Highway walker # 6: Lakan doesn't walk alone. Like many Rajasthani shepherds, he crosses large stretches of India, feeding his herd along the way – over 400 sheep. He and his friends have been on the road for 2 months, walking about 600 Km from their home in Kota Bundi, Rajasthan. I met them near Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh – they were heading East along the Narmada river, "at least for another month". By the time I had gathered this info, I was a good kilometre away from my car – the herd never stops… #indianhighwaywalker #shepherdlife #sheepherd #rajasthan #turban
- [UK filter] The Queen-tessential guide – as the monarch turns 90, here’s a guide to referring to a Royal birthday in ads – CAP/ASA.
- Infographic: The 16 Hottest Travel (and Hotel) Marketing Trends of 2016
- Copy-writing for social platforms – here’s a nice presentation which demonstrates how it needs to be different from other mediums.
- A useful find this week: the food blogger’s calendar from Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen – perfect for any community manager or writer.
- Instagram as we know it going. As you may have heard, the timeline is changing from chronological to a ranked value – thus changing the way many people/brands will be able to tell stories. I read (sorry, no source!) that it will change from telling stories with a big story arc, a la Downtown Abbey, to self contained sitcom style episodes, like Friends.
- Pinterest is a sloooow burn.
- Happy 10th Birthday Twitter, love you long time! Twitter at 10: a people’s history.