Non linear posting ahoy… My trip notes are starting to blur together, and I’m coming and going faster than I can post. Last week I was in Brussels for work. It was snowing heavily, and when we woke up on Tuesday we were snowed into the hotel, then ultimately, every Eurostar train was cancelled, meaning lots of hurried calls and a flight home. I had a really short but sweet time though!
My favourite Belgian things:
1. Trains – being able to catch a train from my house, under-the-sea then to Belgium in just two hours is mind-blowing.
2. Speculoos – ginger cookies in spreadable form? Yes, please.
3. Beer – cheap Kwak and Kriek in every bar, what more could you want?
4. Friendly people – Brussels sometimes feels like a cute, sweeter version of Paris.
5. Wildlife – the snow was too much for the taxi to take us further, so we walked back to the hotel past some fields… And were treated to the sight of more bunnies that one could count, frolicking in the snow.