Jitensha is the Japanese word for bicycle! And the name of my round up of pretty bike things. Good news, I have received a pair of hot pink Oury grips in the post, to complete the outlandishly girly look for my steed.
Overall, the look is not quite as retina burning as the image below, but it shall do for now (I’m already thinking about bike number 2).
Some flash bicycle style resources for y’all:
- Zooey Deschanel on a bicycle. Very cute!
- The New York Times presents a slide show of City Bike fashion. Also, Gridskipper’s list of the best NYC bike shops if you’re in the vicinity… King Kog, hehe. Please also visit Bikes in New York, and dig to see the bike with the dark grey/lavender colour scheme, it’s very endearing.
- Vending machines for bikes – an awesome idea… I bet they have these in Japan already!
- On the Japanese note, here is a collection of photos I took last year in Tokyo/Kyoto of some sweet rides.
- Girls on Bicycles – a tumblr blog, where I found that amazing pink & yellow cycle image ❤